Projects from the Past: 1968 Pontiac Firebird

Over the weekend, I finally got my wife’s convertible running once again. All that I need to do now is update the registration and all will be well in my collector car household once again – except that my Roadmaster is next on the list. What’s all this have to do with a project from the past?

Not long ago, my wife suggested that we start a project car; start to finish – the works. I don’t need to tell you that getting the convertible running was all the motivation I needed at the possibility of dragging home another car full of potential. And then I remembered this:

1968 Firebird convertible

A 1968 Pontiac Firebird convertible that was tucked into the swap meet field at Fall Carlisle back in 2007. There’s no telling how the sporadic damage could have occurred, and one probably doesn’t want to know anyway. But the otherwise complete-looking car had a $4,500 asking price. Looking back, that’s relatively cheap money for a drop top that didn’t serve as a boat anchor.

There was a catch, however, in that the unidentified block failed to include both cylinder heads and the intake manifold. Also missing was the rods, carburetor, radiator, fan blades, distributor and who knows what else. Still tempting, and I wonder if anyone took on the restoration challenge or used it as parts.

Incidentally, that proposed project suggested by my wife was merely a thought – you know, one for another year perhaps…



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий